So I had started on my molehill-to-mountain project of decorating and organizing my craft room last week. After a weekend spent doing outside chores, the plan was to get back in that room this past Monday. But we had a fire at another house we own early Monday morning. Wow, that is a time-consuming event to handle. With this week is nearing its end I just now have time to get back to it. Which brings me to: The Best Tool Ever!
It’s been an interesting and full week in my neck of the woods.
It began like this:
Made a mad dash to the craft store. Forgot I was in my slippers until I got out of the car. Pajama bottoms and no bra would have put me in full blown Oklahoma podunk territory.
My mad dash was for supplies for a custom order luggage cover:
I just love it and I hope my customer does too! (please forgive the flower bed)
Then I started on a new item that will be in my Etsy shop very soon:
I’m venturing into home storage products. VERY EXCITING!! These fabric bins are not quite complete. I haven’t put the finishing touches on them that will make them stand out from the crowd. That’s the thing about having a shop on Etsy…or any place you sell your handmade things…you may or may not be reinventing the wheel. You look to see how you can make things from your vision. Wait until you see what I do with these babies!!
So I declared my New Year Resolution this past week and put my resolve to the test the following day:
I resolved to plant everything I buy. I didn’t resolve that I had to plant everything I buy on the same day…or the next day…or the next day. Nothing here is going to die.
While on that shopping trip another impulse buy was made:
It was a toss up between Lucky Charms and Capn’ Crunch.
The ‘Charms won out because I felt it would go better with:
Breakfast of Champions…..:-)
By Friday I had more fabric bins sewn up:
I’m using fabrics you cannot find at your local stores. The owls are so cute. The middle big bin is called Tree Party. I love it! My plan is to buy yardage of several designs from a designer’s theme so they can be mixed-and-matched. What do you think? Good idea? Another type of bin is in the works that I don’t think you’ll be finding on Etsy. I’m super excited about it!! Again…this is not the final product. They will ROCK!
On Friday we found our boat trailer had a serious safety problem:
This is called a square U-bolt. We’re not sure what happened but what I can tell you is the boat is secured to the part of the trailer that is about to come off the main frame. I spent Friday night going from place to place to find a replacement bolt. Never even heard of a square u-bolt until then. Learn something new every day…..
Saturday was spent with my honey on a local river fishing for sand bass:
Sand bass are spunky fish. They flop and jerk all over the place. Every Spring when the sand bass “run” you just have to cast your lure into the water and these suckers bang into it. It’s fun fishing! Don’t ask me what’s up with my thighs being two different sizes or why I’m holding this fish with my pinky out….I dunno…
The week ended like this:
White socks bulging out from leather slip-ons.
I promise….I typically think about footwear a bit more than I did this week. Notice at the beginning of the week I was in capris and at the end of the week I was layered up. That’s because Spring left us for a few days….as I knew it would.
Thanks for reading!! I so appreciate it. Please let me know if you have something to say!
Yes, I know we’re on the brink of April but I still need to decide my 2016 New Year Resolution. Actually I’m ahead of schedule…considering my history of this momentous declaration. I have issues resolving my resolve.
The only three that matter are the two I’ve succeeded with and the one I almost did. The others…nah…you don’t need to know and I don’t need to remember.
- 2001: I resolved to change out my toothbrush every month. I decided on this one during the summer. Success! But at some point in 2003 things got crazy and I stopped. I suppose I should finally buy a new one. (just kidding)
- 2014: I resolved to change out the empty roll of toilet paper with a new one and throw the empty roll away. This one came to me in May. Success! I am 342-0. Not one full roll of paper has sat on the back of the toilet, nor has one empty roll been left to collect dust. Also…because I was so serious in my resolve…NO t-p roll has escaped me. Not at work, movie theaters, or friends and family homes. I rock!! And I’m still going strong.
- 2015: Riding on the heels of my 2014 success I shot higher. I resolved to not let my gas tank go below 1/4 and I was to wash and vac my Camaro once a month. That’s what a big head will do. Set you up for failure. Wash and vac quickly was removed from this resolution. I would say I’m 60-40 with the gas. Not a success. And I was stupid enough to create a set of NYR’s during the summer: a big F on all of them.
While I’ve been thinking about my 2016 NYR since last Fall its the onset of Spring that has forced me to declare. Some choices pondered:
- Call on the phone a real person, friend or family, once a week to TALK.
- Eat all the fresh veggies and fruits I buy.
- Wash and beautify my face and neck every night. I used to do this without fail.
- Plant everything I buy. Case in point:
- Along the lines of beautifying…moisturize my body when I get out of the shower. I can’t speak for everyone like me (poor you) but when you stay home (no office attire), or change into scrubs as soon as you get to work (no office attire), or you just wear jeans most of the time, you can get a little lazy. My skin is showing that laziness. But here’s the thing, whenever I start to moisturize I hear Buffalo Bill say, “It puts the lotion on it’s skin..” and it creeps me out. (The Silence of the Lambs) Perhaps I should speak with someone about that.
There were a few more contenders but these are the ones that have stayed in my head. I guess the winner ought to be the one that has prompted me to write this post:
!!!!! PLANT EVERYTHING THAT I BUY !!!!!
It’s officially Spring. We are about to go on a plant buying spree like we always to. I resolve to plant every single plant that Kelly or I buy.
My opinion is to keep your NYR a bit on the light side. I mean, if you have the resolve and history to tackle more serious wishes then go for it. If not, keep it silly and simple. I tell you what, every time I change out that roll of toilet paper I do an air fist pump. It makes me feel really good that I’ve succeeded in this resolution for so long. I don’t care how minor it is. I’m doing it.
Thanks for reading!!